TMJ Crowley, Texas
Affordable Dentist Near Me – Crowley
Dr. Mike Pham, DDS.
The office opens at 9:00 a.m. & closes at 6:00 p.m Monday through Friday to serve you.
What is TMJ?
Your jaw has a small joint located where the lower jaw meets the skull. It is slightly in front of your ear and is called the Temporomandibular Joint or TMJ. This joint is what allows your jaw to move back and forth and up and down. Issues with this joint are quite common and you can have your TMJ disorder treated efficiently at Affordable Dentist Near Me in Crowley.
Common Symptom of TMJ Disorder
TMJ disorder can be identified using the following symptoms.
- You can feel your jaw pop when you open or close your mouth
- Chewing and yawning makes your jaws click
- You grind your teeth at night
- You have toothaches from grinding your teeth
- You can barely open your mouth widely without feeling pain
- You have pain in your TMJ (TMJ pain can be frequent or irregular, dull or sharp)
- You have headaches that are caused by ligament and muscle strain
- You have neck pain or pinched nerves which are also caused by ligament strain
What Causes TMJ Disorder?
There isn’t a single definitive cause for TMJ disorder and can easily develop through problems in muscle and ligament problems of the face.
The known exact causes of TMJ disorder are:
- Injuries directly to the jaw, TMJ, or muscles in the neck can cause TMJ disorder.
- Grinding and clenching teeth over time puts pressure on the jaw and TMJ and causes the onset of the disorder.
- Intense stress can cause facial muscles to tighten or clench teeth, causing TMJ disorder to develop.
- Many illnesses, particularly osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, can cause TMJ disorder as well.
At Affordable Dentist Near Me, we have treatments for TMJ disorders which include the following processes:
Jaw Exercises: Our dentists can teach you some useful jaw exercises that can help you keep your jaw relaxed and prevent teeth clenching. These are designed to practice at home and it is advised to do it in front of a mirror.
Mouth Guards: We can assign you a mouth guard to keep you from grinding your teeth and help re-align your jaw. There are several materials available for your selection.
Bite Therapy: The dentist can perform bite therapy at the office and use specialized tools that measure bite pressure, restore alignment, and provide pain relief.
Contact our expert Dentists today at 817-984-5431 or schedule an appointment to get started and find the relief that you’ve been looking for.