Tooth Extraction Crowley, Texas
Affordable Dentist Near Me – Crowley
Dr. Mike Pham, DDS.
The office opens at 9:00 a.m. & closes at 6:00 p.m Monday through Friday to serve you.
About Tooth Extraction
Are you in need of tooth extraction? Affordable Dentist Near Me in Crowley can help you out. A tooth extraction becomes necessary if you are facing dental problems such as –
- Tooth that has decayed beyond repair
- The tooth has become infected and the infection has destroyed the tooth or the bone that surrounds it
- Crowded teeth to be fixed with braces.
- A tooth that has not yet come up because it is impacted. It can also come up partially due to lack of room to finish the process, the gum can get filled with bacteria, causing an infection that damages your jawbone, gums, and nearby teeth.
The Tooth Extraction Procedure
The first step is to have the dentist check your medical history and take the necessary x-rays to effectively scrutinize the situation of the affected tooth as well as the size, shape, length, and position of the tooth. In some cases, x-rays can show that a tooth is very difficult to remove without surgery. If this happens, the dentist will refer you to an oral surgeon for the procedure.
If everything checks out, the dentist will remove your tooth or wisdom teeth in the office using some local anesthetic. The tooth is extracted using a pair of dental forceps. Once removed, the dentist will work on making the underlying bone smooth and stitch up the empty gum space if any.
You’ll be asked to bite down on a sterile piece of cotton gauze to staunch the bleeding and help with the clotting after which, your session is complete. To effectively recover from the procedure, you have to be following some basic healthy rules such as –
- Quit smoking
- Rinse your mouth gently
- You must not use a toothbrush near the wound
- You must not floss near the wound
- Drinking hot fluids is not recommended
- Avoid drinking through a straw
- Take it easy and avoid strenuous activity
If you have been feeling pain for more than a few days, that has become severe, or is accompanied by a fever, call your dentist right away. You cannot brush or floss during this time, so it is important to keep the area clean to prevent infection by rinsing with warm salt water.
Click here to learn more about Tooth Extraction
Visit our office in Crowley, TX or call 817-984-5431 to schedule a consultation with our tooth extraction expert today.