Tooth Extraction Services Grand Prairie, Texas
Affordable Dentist Near Me – Grand Prairie
Dr. Mike Pham, DDS.
The office opens at 9:00 a.m. & closes at 6:00 p.m Monday through Friday to serve you.
Do you need to have a tooth extracted? Affordable Dentist Near Me can help you out. A tooth extraction is a necessary procedure if you face dental problems such as –
- Tooth decay that cannot be repaired
- Infected tooth where the infection destroyed the tooth or the bone surrounding it
- Crowded teeth that is about to be fixed with braces.
- A tooth that is yet come up because it is impacted or has come up partially due to lack of room
to finish the process. In this case, the gum gets filled with bacteria which cause an infection that can harm your jawbone, gums, and nearby teeth.
The Tooth Extraction Procedure
The dentist begins with a review of your medical history and then proceeds to take the necessary x-rays to properly assess the condition of the affected tooth which includes the size, shape, length, and position of the tooth. Sometimes, the affected tooth can be difficult to remove without surgery and you will be referred to an oral surgeon for the procedure.
Once everything is in place, the dentist will then remove your tooth or wisdom teeth in the office with the help of a local anesthetic and using a pair of dental forceps. Once removed, the dentist will work on making the underlying bone smooth and stitch up the empty gum space if any.
You’ll have to bite down on a sterile piece of cotton gauze to staunch the bleeding and help the wound to clot after which, your session is complete. To properly recover from the procedure, you have to follow some basic healthy rules such as –
- Do not smoke
- Do not rinse your mouth vigorously
- Do not use a toothbrush near the wound
- Do not floss teeth near the wound
- Do not drink hot fluids
- Do not drink using a straw
- Do not engage in strenuous exercise or activity
If the pain persists for more than a few days, or becomes severe, or is accompanied by a fever, call your dentist immediately. You won’t be able to brush or floss so you must keep the area clean, to avoid getting infected, by rinsing with warm salt water.