TMJ Waco, Texas
Affordable Dentist Near Me – Waco
Dr. Mike Pham, DDS.
The office opens at 9:00 a.m. & closes at 6:00 p.m Monday through Friday to serve you.
What is TMJ?
Your jaw has a small joint located where the lower jaw meets the skull. It is slightly in front of your ear and is called the Temporomandibular Joint or TMJ. This joint is what allows your jaw to move back and forth and up and down. Issues with this joint are quite common and you can have your TMJ disorder treated efficiently at Affordable Dentist Near Me Waco.
Common Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
TMJ disorder can be identified using the following symptoms.
- Your jaw pops when you open and close your mouth
- Your jaw clicks when you chew or yawn
- You grind your teeth at night
- You have tooth pain from grinding your teeth
- You find it difficult to open your mouth widely without pain
- You have pain in your TMJ (TMJ pain can be frequent or irregular, dull or sharp)
- You have headaches (These are caused by ligament and muscle strain)
You have neck pain or pinched nerves (These are caused by ligament and muscle strain)
To learn more about TMJ Click here
What Causes TMJ Disorder?
There isn’t a single definitive cause for TMJ disorder and can easily develop through problems in muscle and ligament problems of the face.
The known exact causes of TMJ disorder are:
- Injuries that are dealt directly to the jaw or neck muscles cause TMJ disorders.
- Pressure on the jaw and TMJ from Grinding and clenching teeth over time causes the onset of the disorder.
- Intense stress causes facial muscles to tighten which allows TMJ disorder to develop.
- Illnesses like osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis can cause TMJ disorder as well.
At Affordable Dentist Near Me, our treatments for TMJ disorders include the following methods:
Jaw Exercises: We will show you some jaw exercises that you can do at home while looking in the mirror. They are designed to help your jaw relax and eliminate teeth clenching.
Mouth Guards: A mouth guard is used to help you avoid grinding your teeth. It can also help reposition your jaw. We can have guards made out of a variety of materials depending on your specific problem.
Bite Therapy: Bite therapy is performed in the office making use of specialized tools to measure bite pressure, proper alignment, and pain relief.
Contact our expert Dentists today at 855-500-2201 or schedule an appointment to get started and find the relief that you’ve been looking for.