Over 75 million Americans have fear of dental procedure at a certain extent. Due to this reason, millions of US residents avoid going to dentist’s office every year. Some people don’t have time to go for lengthy appointments. Whatever is the reason, many people avoid seeking for regular dental care. They still avoid going to dentist even when they face symptoms of tooth decay and pain.
Luckily, you can no go to the dentist with no fear with sedation dentistry. Instead of sweating through your appointment, you can sleep through your appointment.
Definition of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry is simply the use of medication to make the patient sedate during a dental procedure. Some people refer to this as sleep dentistry, though, for many patients, they are not really asleep but just super relaxed. Patients that use sedation dentistry do so to help them if they are anxious or if they have a low tolerance for pain.
Affordable Dentist Near Me offers 4 levels of sedation for their patients. You and the dentist will determine which one is right for you depending upon your circumstances and needed procedures.
- Minimal Sedation. Patients who are minimally sedated are awake but feel very relaxed. To achieve minimal sedation, we use oral medications or nitrous oxide.
- Moderate Sedation (aka conscious sedation) Patients who are moderately sedated tend to fall asleep, slur their words, and remember little about the procedure. This state is achieved through the use of oral medications or IV medications.
- Deep Sedation. Patients in deep sedation are asleep, but can be awakened from the sleep by the dentist or nurse. They are unlikely to remember anything about the procedure. Deep sedation is accomplished through IV medications.
- General Anesthesia. A patient under general anesthesia is put to sleep medically and cannot be aroused until the medication has worn off. Patients under general anesthesia will not remember anything about the procedure.
Prior to coming to an appointment with Affordable Dentist Near Me for sedation dentistry, our office will do a complete medical history, an EKG, and other necessary lab tests. Understanding your complete medical history is necessary to ensure your safety since we will we administering medications and anesthesia. Your safety is also ensured since our team includes those certified to administer all forms of sedation.
After your procedure with sedation, you will be placed in a recovery room until you are ready to go home. During that time, we will monitor your vital signs and make sure that you are stable.
Affordable Dentist Near Me is committed to creating an atmosphere that is friendly and anxiety-free. With sedation dentistry, you don’t have to be afraid to go to the dentist anymore!
Put Your Worries to Rest With Sedation Dentistry
If you’re like one of over 75 million Americans, you’ve experienced dental anxiety at one point or another in your life. While this can seem like a minor issue, it can quickly escalate into a major problem when it causes you to avoid regular dental appointments or pursue necessary emergency attention.
Luckily, you don’t have to allow your dental anxiety to get the best of you. Instead, you can turn to sedation dentistry/Sleep Dentistry at Affordable Dentist Near Me to get the necessary cleanings and other procedures you need without having to confront your uncertainties.
So, What is Sedation Dentistry and How Does it Work?
Put simply, sedation dentistry allows you to visit your dentist without having to remain anxious regarding the procedures or prospective pain associated with the services being performed. This means that your dentist can administer a certain level of sedation with regard to your needs, allowing you to get the oral attention you need without any pain or anxiety.
Of course, not all patients require the same level of sedation. Consequently, we offer sedation dentistry or Sleep Dentistry in four levels, including:
- Nitrous Oxide – Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is the mildest form of sedation that we offer and helps induce relaxation during your dental visit.
- Conscious Sedation – Conscious sedation involves a combination of medicines designed to help you relax and prevent pain during your procedures.
- IV Sedation – IV sedation is specifically intended for patients who experience significant fear or anxiety regarding dental treatments. As a result, they receive medication through a small injection that encourages relaxation.
- General Anesthesia – General anesthesia is intended for patients who experience significant pain or anxiety at the dentist’s office and involves a loss of consciousness.
What Types of Precautions Does Dental Sedation Require?
When it comes to dental sedation, our sedation dentists pursues each option seriously in conjunction with each patient’s medical history and needs.
Of course, general anesthesia requires the most precaution. As a result, our sedation dentists always check each patient’s complete medical history, order an EKG, and order lab tests when necessary. In instances of IV sedation, precautions are also taken and the treatment is customized based on each patient.
Get in Touch With Affordable Dentist Near Me to Put Your Mind at Ease and Get the Smile You Want
Don’t allow your fear or anxiety to dictate your ability to receive the oral care you need! Instead, contact sedation dentists at Affordable Dentist Near Me at 817-984-5419 or schedule an appointment to discuss your unique needs and get the dental care you want in the relaxed state you need.
Need a help on sedation-dentistry in Fort Worth, Crowley, Waco & Grand Prairie Area? Book an appointment Now.
Interested to Know More? Contact us today to learn more about our