Dental implant surgery occurs when your tooth is causing you a lot of problems as a result of the decayed tooth. This procedure process usually takes time, and you will need to be patient during the whole process.
Dental implants are primarily used to treat badly damaged or broken teeth and restore them to proper normal functionality. This is usually done by attaching the implant to the underlying teeth bone and uses an artificial crown that imitates our natural tooth. However, depending on your oral condition both before and after the treatment, the implant treatment may result in failure which would then require a replacement.
What are oral implants?
Your teeth can get damaged on account of tooth decay and cavities and even gum problems. In these cases, your dental care professional can recommend a dental implant to restore your tooth to normal condition. It is made primarily of three parts – the implant attaches itself to your underlying bone; the abutment goes over the implant and acts as a support for the crown; the artificial crown that is modeled after the tooth that is to be replaced.
Causes of implant failure
Most commonly, dental implants fail because of negligence on part of both the patient and your dentist when administering the treatment.
- Dental implants depend on the integrity of your gum tissue and underlying bone in order to function as treatment dictates. If the implant is placed with existing gum problems, the implant can fail and further infect and damage the existing tissue as well as the surrounding teeth.
- Proper integration with the underlying bone, which is termed as osseointegration, is necessary to ensure that the implant treatment succeeds. If this is not integrated as it should, it can result in bone loss which would require further surgeries and a possible implant replacement to fix.
- The gums will be more sensitive immediately after the implant treatment and be vulnerable to infections. If a dental implant is placed without taking the necessary precautions to strengthen the gum tissue, the implant can fail and further cause infections which will lead to periodontal disease.
- Dental implants can also fail on account of improper positioning. This is not just for the implant itself, but can affect the surrounding teeth as well.
- It is normal for teeth to shift while you are asleep. A dental implant that is integrated with the bone is also subjected to these shifts. It is essential to take these shifts into account when placing the implant by using a micro-bridge which won’t affect the surrounding teeth and cause crowding.
- If your dental care professional does not conduct treatments for your mouth before going through with implant placement, then the implant is more likely to fail. It is necessary that your oral condition is healthy before your implant can replace the affected tooth.
Regular checkups with your dental hygienist or dentist for cleaning treatments can help maintain your oral hygiene and reduce the chances of your implant failing.
Our Experts in 4 locations throughout Texas area can help you. Contact now below.
Choosing the right dental procedure for your teeth can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to replacing missing teeth that were lost due to injury or disease. Dental implants are a long term option that offer a solid foundation for replacement teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
Considered as one of the biggest advances in dentistry in the past 40 years, dental implants are titanium made posts which are surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw.
The jawbone naturally grows around them over a period of three to six months, making them even stronger and more resilient.
What are Mini Dental Implants?
Nowadays, mini dental implants are offered as a modern alternative to traditional implants. A single mini dental implant is half the size of a regular implant and is made of a titanium screw that can be inserted directly through the gums and into the jaw.
This screw has a ball on one end and a socket with a rubber O-ring that attaches the titanium screw to the dental crown.
Mini dental implants are ideal for:
- Older patients whose bodies no longer tolerate surgery
- Patients suffering from low bone density
- Patients who cannot undergo a bone grafting procedure due to their health or age
- Patients with limited space in their jaw bone for regular sized implants
Due to their small size, mini dental implants are commonly used for:
- Small teeth
- Front Teeth
- Narrow areas
- Securing loose and lower arch dentures.
Mini dental implants have the following advantages:
- They do not require complex surgery: mini dental implants can be inserted using a flapless procedure, so no incision through the gum is needed.
- The procedure is minimally invasive: the possibility of infection or injury to the gums or jaw bone is reduced because the procedure is done with very little disturbance to the structure of the mouth.
- They prevent facial collapse: having implants in the jaw keeps the bone from deteriorating. This deterioration leads to sagging cheekbones and skin.
- The implant procedure can be completed in one visit: efficient and practical, mini dental implants can support a dental crown right away. Regular implants, on the other hand, require a longer period of healing and adjustment. In addition, the patient has to wear a temporary crown which means more visits to the dentist which can be costly and time consuming.
- Rare complications: since the procedure itself is minimally invasive with short healing time, the risk of complications is much lower compared to regular implants.
- They are cost-effective: one mini dental implant costs around half the price of a regular implant which makes it more affordable.
- They not only restore teeth: they can also restore the confidence of patients who are able to feel relaxed and at ease in social settings thanks to their implant supported teeth.
If you want to know more about mini dental implants, visit our different office locations below:
[button link=”https://affordabledentistnearme.com/locations/fort-worth/dental-implants-fort-worth-tx/” newwindow=”yes”] Fort Worth[/button]
[button link=”https://affordabledentistnearme.com/locations/grand-prairie/dental-implants-grand-prairie-tx/” newwindow=”yes”] Grand Prairie[/button]
[button link=”https://affordabledentistnearme.com/locations/crowley/dental-implants-crowley-tx/” newwindow=”yes”] Crowley[/button]
[button link=”https://affordabledentistnearme.com/locations/waco/dental-implants-waco-tx/” newwindow=”yes”] Crowley[/button]
- Pros and Cons of Mini Dental Implants: Dispelling Common Myths
- What Are Mini Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants
All on 4 dental implants have become extremely popular among people with failing teeth in Fort Worth, TX. It can be considered as one of the most effective treatment options available to restore your smile.
Before you go through this treatment option, you need to have a clear understanding about the expenses associated with it, along with payment and financing options. Then you will be able to approach the treatment with peace of mind.
How much do All on 4 dental implant treatments cost?
As per the recent records, the cost associated with All on 4 treatments is about $11,500 per arch. This amount can slightly differ from one service provider to another.
Moreover, it is important to keep in mind that the amount specified above includes the cost associated with surgical placement of all four implants and other related dental implant costs. The set of all-acrylic teeth would be delivered on the same day as well.
If you want to save money during All on 4 dental implants, you are encouraged to get all the related treatments done from a single office of a dentist. If you approach multiple doctors, you will end up with spending a considerable amount of money additionally.
That’s mainly because the dentists tend to charge separate fees for each session, which can contribute towards the significant increase of total cost associated with All on 4 dental implants.
What are the Payment and Finance options available?
If you find it as a difficult task to bear the total cost associated with All on 4 dental implants on your own, you can take a look at the payment and financing options available.
One of the fastest and easiest options available for you would be to fill out the Lending Club application online.It would only take several minutes for you to fill out this application.
You can do it with peace of mind because filling the application would never create a negative impact on your credit score. Once you fill out the application, you will be able to review the loan offers that you are eligible for instantly.
This can help you save a considerable amount of time as well because you don’t need to visit a branch to complete the application. You can simply do everything at the comfort of your home.
The payment plans offered by Lending Club are convenient and they come along with fixed rates. As a result, the monthly repayment amount would never change along with time.
On the other hand, you are provided with the ability to make the complete payment in advance. If you do it, you will never be asked to make any additional payment or a penalty fee.
Therefore, this can be considered as one of the best payment and finance options available for the individuals who are looking forward to restore smile with All on 4 dental implants in Fort Worth, TX area.
If you have any questions regarding Implant Dentistry, Schedule an appointment Now to have all the answers.
If you’re thinking of getting a dental implant, one of those things that must be on your check list should be to see how experienced your dentist is.
Getting a dental implant might be costly, so it’s always wise to invest your money in the right place and be in the right hands.
Before we move on to why consulting an experienced dentist is of utmost experience, let’s see how a dental implant makes all the difference.
Dental Implants: Why?
Dental implants refer to metal posts that are surgically placed in the jawbone beneath the gum which helps your dentist to place artificial teeth on to.
There are quite some people who find it uncomfortable dealing with bridges or dentures. For them, getting a dental implant is the best alternative.
Why it’s important for your dentist to be an experienced professional:
There’s a lot that’s involved: Before you invest anything, it’s always advisable to do a thorough research of doctors around you and the reputation they have amongst their patients.
Not only is some good amount of money involved, your health is at stake too!
The entire procedure entails some risks: Going to an experienced dentist saves you the trouble of stressing it out further. You can be assured of a smooth surgery without any health risks involved.
A good doctor leads to better faith: Consulting a dentist who not only has experience but is a thorough professional helps you get clarity of things.
A good doctor will always brief you about the entire procedure, the risks involved, post surgery care and so on. This stimulates a positive image about the dentist and helps you trust him easily.
There’s a lot to look forward to: A successful dental implant surgery doesn’t end your relationship with the dentist. Infact, it’s a start to a fruitful association where any problem you come across sooner or later will be addressed by your dentist.
To know more about dental implant surgery or to schedule an appointment,Visit affordabledentistnearme.com. You can also call us at 817-768-3919.
Related Topics to Explore
http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-health/cosmetic- dentistry/implants/article/what-you-need-to- know-about- a-dental- implant-procedure- 0215?thumbparam=implants/180408671
http://www.aaid-implant.org/about- dental-implants/what- are-the- benefits-of- dental-implants-over-other- treatments/
Video Source: Jamal Dental Services
It is normal to lose a tooth and can happen due to various reasons, from sports, accidents, to cavities, decay and gum problems. Recovery options include getting fitted with dental implants.
They are sturdy and imitate the entire tooth including the root which makes them an ideal candidate for replacing a missing tooth.
The best option for replacing a missing tooth is to get a dental implant. Your dental care professional will also fix you up with a customized dental crown that is made in a lab using a material of your choice.
How do Implants work?
The first course of action taken by your dentist is to find out the cause for your missing tooth and if the loss affected other areas of your mouth. If you have suffered bone loss and loss in gum tissues, you will need to get that treated first in order to ensure that the dental implant fits perfectly in your teeth arch.
Implants are installed by first placing a metal post in the space left by missing teeth. This is the part that is called the implant, and it integrates with the surrounding bone. This is usually made from titanium which is the friendliest metal for bone integration.
Each material comes with its own set of advantages and you should consult with your dental care professional to know which material is best suited for your condition.
Related Article: Tooth Loss Reasons and Dental Implants
Implants are placed using surgical procedures and you will be asked to come in for a separate session where they will install the implant. Any other issues with your dental health are treated first in order to ensure that you get the full benefits of the dental implant treatments.
Choosing the right dental crown for your implant
The dental crown is designed to imitate and function like your natural tooth and can be made from a variety of materials like porcelain, ceramic, or metal.
- Porcelain: This is the aesthetic option. Porcelain can imitate the natural tooth best. They have the same glossy effect of a healthy normal tooth. However, they are not very durable which makes it a poor option for back teeth. Their ability to look like a natural tooth makes it the best aesthetic option for front teeth and can enhance your smile.
- Ceramic: This is more durable than porcelain and also retains aesthetics. But it’s moderated and you need to maintain it in order to get full functionality. While it is an acceptable option for back teeth, you should consult with your dentist before opting for a ceramic crown.
- Metal alloys: Metal is the sturdiest option for building your dental crown and is the perfect option for back teeth. They are not aesthetic unless you are specifically looking for that kind of fashion trend. Back teeth are usually not seen as easily and so metal is the best choice for the molars and can also handle the biting force required for chewing.
Explore other options
While dental implants are the prime choice for replacing missing teeth, they can be expensive to get. You can get the missing teeth replaced with dental bridges instead if so required.
They do not involve metal posts being affixed to your gum tissue and so won’t require surgery. Bridges are supported by the adjacent teeth and can also have wings if it is a single crown bridging the gap.
It is recommended to consult with your dental care professional when deciding on the crown you want and if the implant treatment is right for your condition.
There are other alternatives that can help you replace missing teeth at affordable prices and your dentist can recommend the treatment best suited for you.
To avail the benefits of Dental Implants check out our different locations Grand Prairie, Waco, Fort Worth and Crowley.
Image Source: teethplus.com.au