Patients often feel confused between Invisalign and braces. They fail to understand which one is best suited for their dental condition. According to the dentists, both Invisalign and braces serve two different purposes and are recommended depending on the severity and requirements of the case. In this blog, we have represented five major differences between an Invisalign and a brace that will help you understand better.
- Invisalign Are Removable – One basic advantage of an Invisalign is that you can easily remove it while brushing and flossing. But on the contrary, braces can make your life extremely difficult while flossing or brushing the teeth. Additionally, it keeps the mouth healthy throughout the treatment process.
- Braces Require Fewer Adjustments – In case of an Invisalign, the trays must be changed every two weeks. But, braces do not require any adjustments for up to four weeks. This is the reason why dentists now provide three sets of Invisalign aligners per visit so that there is no need for you to visit the dentist every alternate week.
- Clear Braces Stain The Teeth – The ceramic brackets in a brace actually don’t stain the teeth, but if you are a smoker or a severe alcoholic, then the clear elastic wires around the brackets start staining. And this stain will gradually leave dark patches on the surface of the teeth. However, this is not the case with an Invisalign. The clear trays never get stained even if you are a smoker or an alcoholic.
- Braces Treat Even The Extensive Cases – The whole idea behind designing an Invisalign was to treat a plethora of diseases but in their nascent stages. As per the dentists, Invisalign are best suited for minor dental issues like crowded teeth, gapped teeth, and under or open bite. Braces, on the other hand, can treat even serious dental conditions such as crossbites, malocclusions, crooked teeth, and severe jaw issues.
- Invisalign Do Not Prickle The Soft Tissue – A major disadvantage of using braces is that it continuously prickles the soft tissues. This prickling of the soft tissues again causes irritation on the lips and cheeks. In other words, a brace will keep bothering you even if you get used to it. Invisalign, on the contrary, is extremely comfortable and very easy to use. They never bother the soft tissues in any way and keeps you in a relaxed state.
The debate between an Invisalign and a brace is quite common. There is an utter confusion in the patients related to its pros and cons. Consulting an expert dentist is, therefore, always the best option. If you are a resident of Fort Worth, TX, and is looking forward to knowing more about Invisalign and braces, you can definitely contact us.
At Affordable Dentist Near Me, our highly-skilled team of dentists will not only provide a deep insight into the pros and cons of the braces and Invisalign but will also suggest you the best one as per your oral health condition. There is no way you will be turned down should you choose to knock on our door for help. Dial +1-817-496-2343 to book an appointment, or directly say hello at 6426 Meadowbrook Dr. Fort Worth, TX 76112.