A dazzling smile is one of the most captivating traits that can grab eyeballs. But what can destroy your teeth and your incredible smile? Poor oral health practices! Yes, you heard that absolutely right! Brushing is an essential activity of our oral care regimen. And guess what? There are plenty of mistakes that we make unknowingly while brushing our teeth.
Common brushing mistakes you should definitely avoid:
- Using the wrong toothbrush - Always brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush. You must keep in mind that the size of the brush’s head is too crucial. Your toothbrush must fit inside your mouth easily. It should be able to reach all your teeth and gum areas too.
- Not replacing your age-old toothbrush - It’s really necessary to switch your toothbrush after every 3 to 4 months or whenever you find that the bristles have begun to fray or break. Also, get yourself a new toothbrush after you heal from the flu or a cold.
- Storing your toothbrush improperly - Never keep your toothbrush in an enclosed place when it’s wet, for example, a drawer or cabinet. Keep it in a vertical position and allow it to just air dry.
- Using the wrong brushing technique - Do not ever try to brush your teeth way too hard. Remember to brush gently, particularly where your gums and teeth meet. Begin from your gum line and then slowly move up and down in tiny round motions. Don’t ever scrub. Make sure that you are using toothpaste that contains fluoride!
- Rushing the brushing - When you rush with your brushing routine, all of your teeth won’t get properly cleaned. Brush your teeth twice every day for a minimum of two minutes! Also, don’t brush frequently! As a result, it can simply wear down your teeth’ enamel and also destroy your gums.
- Forgetting your gums - Did you know that your gum line can actually house plenty of bacteria and plaque too? Just make sure that you bend your brush at a 45-degree angle so that it allows the bristles to reach your gum line also. Then clean it gently in small round motions.
Get that Little Extra Help
- Brushing right after meals - After you have your meals, you gotta wait for an hour and then only do your brushing. When you brush your teeth right after eating, it can just wear down the enamel layer of the teeth.
You can get in touch with an Affordable Dentist Near Me if you want to receive the best preventive dental care in Fort Worth, TX. Our dentist in Fort Worth
will surely help you with the guidance and treatments for any of your dental problems while offering maximum comfort. We’re just a call away.