The impact on your dental health could be huge when a tooth falls out. Replacing missing teeth has become quite easy these days due to the advanced and improved dental technologies. Dental bridge is a kind of fixed restoration which is attached to the implants or your natural teeth which are termed as abutments. Bridges are fixed in the mouth and might need at least three crowns to fill the gap created by missing teeth.
Your dental bridge needs a lot of care in order to last for a longer period of time, it can wear out too soon if you ignore its upkeep.
Here’s what you can do to keep your bridges intact.
- Your crowns and bridges are certainly artificial, but even they need an adequate amount of care to last longer. In order to prevent the formation of tartar build-up, it is necessary to brush and floss twice in a day. Use a toothbrush which has soft-bristles to prevent your dental work from getting damaged.
- Your tongue is a very common place for the bacteria to form, therefore, it is essential to scrape your tongue regularly. The bacteria residing on it can cause major damage to your dental bridge, thus, make sure you are maintaining a meticulous oral hygiene.
- Your dental bridges can certainly wear out soon if you chew on hard foods extensively. Hence it is better to add more soft foods to your diet rather than hard foods.
- Don’t use your dental bridge as a tool. Therefore, do not open a bottle cap with it, chew a pen cap or bite your nails. Also, avoid chewing on ice to prevent your dental bridge from getting damaged.
- Dental bridges can not only play a significant role in restoring your missing teeth, but also the natural strength of your original tooth. However, the quality of the dental restoration could diminish without a proper care. Thus, make sure you are brushing with a fluoride toothpaste and rinsing your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash. This could restrict the bacteria from forming and keep your mouth healthy.
Let’s See How Dental Bridges Can Be Beneficial
- The dental restoration gives your oral health a boost by improving it.
- It reinstates the functionality of your teeth.
- It improves your speech.
- Dental bridges can prevent your facial structure from shrinking.
Affordable Dentist Near Me offers class apart dental services to replace your missing teeth. Call us today at (817) 934-7488 to know about our services.