Treating discolored teeth with cosmetic dentistry is the most applied technique used all over the world nowadays. It undertakes all oral related problems and makes sure to make them look good in appearance.
Cosmetic Dentistry involves:
- Removing tooth structures like enameloplasty, Gingivectomy.
- Straightening crooked teeth.
- Tooth structures or gums should not be removed or added : laser whitening, gum depigmentation.
Tooth discoloration is abnormality of tooth color which occurs due to staining on tooth surface. Discolored teeth is the common complaint that comes up every year.
Tooth can get discolored due to ill maintenance or may be using other ill habits like drinking and smoking. But if you need to treat your stained teeth then cosmetic dentistry is the best recommended solution.
Lets take a look into the causes of tooth discoloration :
- Extrinsic stains – It occurs due to the usage of substances like red wine, tea, coffee, soda that leaves a stain.
- Intrinsic stains– It causes due to the several diseases and infection in the body. Sometimes it spreads from the pregnant mother to the baby.
If one can resist a cup of black coffee early morning and smoking which is relatively the most menacing effect, but multiple treatment can dramatically make our teeth whiter and brighter.
Cosmetic dentistry takes up the matter of uplifting smiles, correcting the errors-creating teeth or may be whole new teeth in general.
Cosmetic dentists needs to have a good knowledge about dental anatomy. He needs to have all the equipment ready in his laboratory. It takes a hard earned research and skills to perform this task.
Generally all cosmetic dentistry treatment includes the following:
- Teeth Whitening– Whether in dentist chair or may be in home one needs to brighten up his or smile with white teeth.There are many ways for whitening teeth. One can do this by applying beach solution to teeth. This intercedes deeply into the crystals of tooth enamel or in dentin. So naturally it gives teeth a stained appearance.Bleaching does its work best in yellowish teeth. Cosmetic dentist prescribes the concentration of hydrogen peroxide in bleach.
- Composite bonding-Composites can be used in wide range thereby allowing the perfect color matching with existing teeth.It can be used quite easily and make it look lifelike. Consequently the bulk of resin may not stand up to forceful biting all the time.
- Whitening gum– Chew eight pieces of gum to get the result of teeth whitening.
- Brush-on-whitening-A kind of gel applied with soft kind of brush and left overnight, can result in teeth whitening.
- Whitening or bleaching is the most used cosmetic dentistry. Laser whitening in which gums remains sheltered in rubber. A beam of argon laser is used to speed up the laser process. This activates bleaching chemicals and helps to lightening the coloration of teeth, that has been stained. It is more effective than other methods.
- Invisalign treatment-it is the alternative usage of metal braces, which involves treating spacing and crowding to create smiles in patients. This treatment has been used through hundreds of years for peoples welfare.
- Gum lift– It is a dental procedure that raises the gum line to make the alignment correct and reshaping the tissues to create a good appearance in us.
- Dental implants – Cosmetic dentistry enables prosthetic restoration for the missing teeth.According to ICOI (INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF ORAL +), three parts have been taken into consideration : the abutment, denture, which is in away related to implantation.
- Full mouth reconstruction : Cosmetic dentistry takes up the matter that smiles looks good on us. One or more cosmetic procedure that involves dental veneers, gingival sculpting and teeth whitening are undertaken by them.
So if you are facing major problems with teeth then this is the best options you have. Diagnosing oral habits cosmetic dentist treats band improves ones appearance in smile and mouth.
It may vary from treatment to treatment: like porcelain veener cost $900 to $ 2500 per veener, teeth whitening may range from $500 to $600 , dental bonding from $150- $1,500.
Come and share your smile with us.